domingo, 26 de julio de 2009

SOCIAL WORK (SOLCA)

Today I went to SOLCA, I was a little nervous for not knowing how to deal with patients, people with cancer, who frequent the hospital. The environment is perceived in the corridors is uncomfortable, a lot of sick people lining up with discomfort, smell of the hospital, some noise, etc. I went to the second floor, the area of pediatrics, there I was received by: Brenda and the Ladies of SOLCA.
Inside the room of children, the atmosphere is different from the rest of the hospital, children are happy, maybe because not everyone is aware of his illness.

Today I played with the kids, we played with legos or puzzles, we played the "Tingo Tango" , and Brenda explained us how they handle things in that floor.
Something that caught my attention was that one of the oldest children and is aware of his illness said me: ¿Where do you study? And when I told him I was in college, he replied: "I also want to go to college to become a doctor and heal the poor people". I could see how a child has the desire to overcome adversity and to help those who go through difficult times.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario