domingo, 26 de julio de 2009

SOCIAL WORK (SOLCA) 2


Today when I went to SOLCA, Brenda told us that we help to prepare breakfast for the children. In that room every morning they are given milk or yogurt with biscuit or sandwich because many kids come from of poor families and that is why they go without breakfast to the hospital. Following the breakfast, as usual, they took the puzzles, shopping carts, etc. I was putting together puzzles with a child and then Brenda told me to ask if they wanted to play bingo. Not everyone wanted to play, so I only played with a group while Caro playing with the rest.


It strikes me how these children, even when patients have the strength to fight and enthusiasm to everything they do. Being around them makes me ask how I live my life and how is my character mostly. Sometimes I wonder whether such children with so many desire to live, so lively and enthusiastic as they deserve to be sick. This situation leads me to believe that these diseases often are caused by us, humans, and our way of life. As someones say: "Man is the wolf of man".

2 comentarios:

  1. Nice blog!!
    What do you mean with a good way of life? You have a good way of life?

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I have not made reference to a good life, just try to say that our way of doing things to affect others.
    Actually it is not as good a way of life, but I imagine you can achieve a better way of life, trying to collaborate with others, worrying about their needs and not just your interests, giving you realize that your actions also affect to them because everything is like a chain.

    ResponderEliminar