domingo, 12 de julio de 2009

Cognitive surplus

After watching this video I realized that most people spend our free time in activities that benefit no one, sometimes even to us, unfortunately I include in that group of people. I realize that wasted a lot of my free time watching TV or videos in YouTube, sometimes even take my time for sleep for many hours. I think sometimes I am a primarily a consumer and a producer rarely.

I think that I should look for ways to spend my free time in activities that I enjoy but at the same time to benefit others. Maybe I could make a group with my friends to help in some way to people in need, now I can´t think of exactly what we could do, but I am aware that we should think more about the community and help produce. Don´t be parasites of society.

3 comentarios:

  1. Gabriela - Your idea sounds like a great place to start. I am sure that if you got together with some friends you could come up with some great ideas about how to be more productive and that way grow and help grow. Why do you think we conceive of our free time as a time to turn off our brains? Does that really bring us happiness?

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Is interesting!
    We all can find some activities that make others happy... and also MAKE YOU HAPPY

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I think we feel that our free time is a time to turn off our brains because sometimes after making all of our activities we want to be alone for a moment, maybe it sounds selfish but I think that it is. But I agree with Caro when she says that there are activities that we can do to help others and at the same time we enjoy.

    ResponderEliminar