domingo, 26 de julio de 2009

SOCIAL WORK (SOLCA) 4

After giving the breakfast to the kids, Caro and I made jelly to bring to children who are hospitalized; some are almost a month in hospital. Again I was nervous because now we going to see children in hospital.
The rooms has between 6 and 7 cribs or beds and each child is accompanied by a relative, but there are children who are alone because parents have to make different arrangements from within the hospital.
The atmosphere of the rooms at the beginning is a bit uncomfortable because there are children crying, the parents look at you, etc.

While serving them jelly, children ask us when they were making cards. We told that to Brenda and she gave us material to bring them and help them to make cards. Apparently the kids love this activity. I helped the little ones when they asked me. When the cards just did and they pick everything, I read stories to children who were alone.


The children like to do fun things and that people go and talk with them and always show you their appreciation. For example today a girl made a card for me and gave me when completed, is the second time something like this happens to me, because another girl gave me a bracelet that she made. It is already known that people must help others without expecting anything in return, but it is nice to feel the affection of children =).

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario